BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi

I have an access database which I need to open using SAS. This database has a macro set up that auto-runs queries once the password is entered. They can take up to half an hour. I then need to import the results.

My co-workers have told me it's impossible but i'm sure there must be some way to first open the database (using the x command?), then enter the password automatically, and finally wait till the database has ran before importing.

Does anyone have any ideas how i might go about this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Chris
4 REPLIES 4
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Have you investigated using the LIBNAME statement to access your MDB file? A SAS 9.1.3 DOC link is provided below. Also, the SAS support website http://support.sas.com/ may also be useful for reference with DOC and other technical user community papers (by using the SEARCH facility).

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

LIBNAME Statement Syntax for PC Files on Windows
http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/getDoc/en/acpcref.hlp/a002107496.htm
venkatesh
Calcite | Level 5
First i have to confirm whether u are using DI Studio or Base sas

If u want to access through DI Studio first u need to register access file to windows environment. these will do your administrator.

By using source designer u can get it.......
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Venkatesh

I am using Base Sas (9.1.3). I've managed to get sas to open the database and wait for 30 mins. the only thing i can't do is automatically enter the password.

Thanks,
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Are you using ACCESS to PC File Formats or to ODBC?

Please show us your connection statement (whether it's SQL or LIBNAME).

/Linus
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation