BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SNLFAM1
Obsidian | Level 7

Has anyone else had experience with the new Microsoft Office 2013 and it compatibility with AMO 5.1 and PCFiles Libname engine in SAS 9.3M2?  My organization is planning to move to Office 2013 in the next few months and I have been tasked with testing to see what works and what doesn't.  My understanding is that AMO 6.1 will eventually be released and supported for Office 2013, but that 5.1 is not.  Anyone else in a similar situation?  Any reason (other than it is not supported) that we could/should not use AMO 5.1 and PCFiles Libname engine in 9.3M2 in Office 2013?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mfab
Quartz | Level 8

Hi everyone,

I have just spoken with the technical support.

DaveShea's note is correct. Despite stating a create date in 2009 and modified date in 2010 the note has in fact been worked on. The kind support staff pointed out that internally the last work on this note has been in spring this year, so the information should be pretty up-to-date.

AMO 5.1 should work, but with the latest hotfixes only. (currently that would be hotfix G36012, which provides some updates for language support and G36013 has some major fixes)

Hope this helps, but some first hand experience with actual users would be nice as well 🙂

Cheers,

Michael

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

This is really a question for Tech Support. Well, really two questions for Tech Support. If you have AMO then you are reaching to SAS data from inside AMO. I'm not sure where the PC Files Server comes into the picture. But Tech Support should be able to answer your question in more detail. This web site (SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office) is fairly clear that AMO 5.1 works with Microsoft Office 2010 and 2007, though.

cynthia

SNLFAM1
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Cynthia.  I have been in contact with SAS support about this issue.  I am not sure if it is because Microsoft Office 2013 is "not supported" by SAS at this time or if it is something else, but getting any information about this has been very difficult.  SAS support did tell me all of the information included in my initial question, but that is about it.  I am hoping that someone else is in the same boat as me and has some wisdom I might glean, and I would be happy to return the favor as I am being asked to begin testing AMO 5.1 in 64-bit Office 2013 next week.

Thanks again for your response!

DaveShea
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

Whilst I have not yet had any experience of playing with AMO 5.1 via MS-Office 2013 I have been doing a bit of reading around it.

According to: http://support.sas.com/kb/38/120.html

SAS Add-In 5.1 for Microsoft Office supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Office 2013

......but.......

Important! Support for SAS Add-In 5.1 for Microsoft Office on Office 2013 is available only with the latest SAS Add-In 5.1 for Microsoft Office hot fix applied.

This SAS note was last updated 2010-06-14 14:25:46 (ie almost 3-years ago) which I find a bit odd because it is referring to Office 2013, but that is what is there.

Anyhow, I hope that this helps more than it hinders.

Down Under Dave.

mfab
Quartz | Level 8

Hi everyone,

I have just spoken with the technical support.

DaveShea's note is correct. Despite stating a create date in 2009 and modified date in 2010 the note has in fact been worked on. The kind support staff pointed out that internally the last work on this note has been in spring this year, so the information should be pretty up-to-date.

AMO 5.1 should work, but with the latest hotfixes only. (currently that would be hotfix G36012, which provides some updates for language support and G36013 has some major fixes)

Hope this helps, but some first hand experience with actual users would be nice as well 🙂

Cheers,

Michael

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation