BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CMC
Calcite | Level 5 CMC
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I posted below on a similar topic.  We recently migrated to SAS AMO 4.3, which enables me to dump data from SAS datasets in Excel pivot tabales with the option of not storing the data with the Excel file.  I thought this would help me with the extremely large datasets that I'm cramming into Excel as I was under the impression the pivot table would work directly with the data stored in the SAS dataset on our SAS server.  However, when I open up the Excel file and try to use the pivots, a popup comes up informing me that I need to 'refresh' the pivot data, which takes 5-10 minutes, and I assume pulls the data into the Excel file.  Is there a way for the pivot tables to work directly off the SAS dataset?  Am I off-base?  Thanks for your help...

2 REPLIES 2
Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

5-10 minutes is normal ,It depends on how big or how complicate of the table

CMC
Calcite | Level 5 CMC
Calcite | Level 5

But is there a way to have the pivot table reference the dataset directly withouth having to pull the data in causing the 5-10 minutes delay?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation