BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cullima
Calcite | Level 5
I have an excel created dashboard which I want to link to a Web Report Studio created, cube based report. I have been trying to use the 'hyperlink' function in Exel by opening the report in WRS and then copying and pasting the address in the browser, in this case as below (some details removed):

"http://_________.___.___.gov.uk:8080/SASWebReportStudio/launchReportViewer.do?reportAccessMechanism=REPORT_ACCESS_MECHANISM_CURRENT_REPORT"

However, once I have closed WRS and try to use the link I am taken to the WRS log-on screen and, then asked which report I would like to open.

What I need is for the Excel sheet to link straight to a particular WRS report. Is there a way this can be done? If so how do I obtain the link to use in the Excel sheet?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
DavidHenderson
SAS Employee
The issue is that in the browser you have an authenticated session. When you ask Excel to open that same URL, it has no session, so authentication must occur first. (The same would be true if you pasted that URL into a new browser window.)

Another problem seems to be that WRS doesn't redirect you back to the requested report once the auhentication is complete. I believe this is a known issue in WRS 4.1.
Felix
Calcite | Level 5
I am looking at a different version of the same problem. I am attempting to base the login to the Portal on the windows authentication. I have not been able to find anything on this.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation