janezou
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

I would like to do a visual report of sales by areas:

area1, $100

area2, $300

area3, $200

etc.

Area1 has a set of Zipcodes, area2 has another set of Zipcodes, so as area3... All of the areas are mutually exclusive.

Is this possible in OA? Ideally each area will have its own shape.

What kind of geo-shapes does OA have internally?  It would be helpful if you can direct me to some documentaions.

Thanks,

Jane

1 REPLY 1
janezou
Obsidian | Level 7

To make it simpler, we can assume the area to be DMA. I found the DMA in maps.usaac.

However when using "Edit" to bring in the maps.usaac, it complains "The map data set is required to have an X and Y variable", not sure what the X and Y means.  I thought the X is the DMA variable, the Y as the response variable (sales) will come from my dataset.

Here is how my data set look like:

DMA, stname, sales

698, Alabama, $100

503, Georgia, $200

679, Iowa, $300

I would like to have a choropleth graph, with colors showing diferrent sales for each DMA, the mouse tip shows the actual sales $.

I am curious if anyone else had similar issues, please let me know what went wrong in my case.

Thanks,

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation