BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@novinosrin - First step would be to confirm you have SAS/ACCESS to PC Files both installed and licensed, as described in this post. If you don't have that then SAS/ACCESS to ODBC should also work.

novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Thank you Sir @SASKiwi  for your response. I am afraid I'd have to wait till tomorrow before i get back to work as it's weekend. Let me respond to you with those details and I'd take your advice and necessary steps from there. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Funnily enough it is the weekend here too @novinosrin! I'm just remoting into work from home...

novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Good morning Sir @SASKiwi   here is the info

Original site validation data
Site name: 'CITIZENS BANK OF RHODE ISLAND'.

Product expiration dates:
---Base SAS Software                                                                                    05JUN2020  
---SAS/STAT                                                                                             05JUN2020  
---SAS/GRAPH                                                                                            05JUN2020  
---SAS/ETS                                                                                              05JUN2020  
---SAS/CONNECT                                                                                          05JUN2020  
---SAS Enterprise Miner                                                                                 05JUN2020  
---SAS Integration Technologies                                                                         05JUN2020  
---SAS/Secure 168-bit                                                                                   05JUN2020  
---SAS/Secure Windows                                                                                   05JUN2020  
---SAS Enterprise Miner Server                                                                          05JUN2020  
---SAS Enterprise Miner Client                                                                          05JUN2020  
---SAS Enterprise Guide                                                                                 05JUN2020  
---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files                                                                     05JUN2020  
---SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC                                                                         05JUN2020  
---SAS/ACCESS Interface to OLE DB                                                                       05JUN2020  
---SAS Workspace Server for Local Access                                                                05JUN2020  
---High Performance Suite                                                                               05JUN2020  
---SAS Add-in for Microsoft Excel                                                                       05JUN2020  

2                                                          The SAS System                          12:55 Saturday, September 7, 2019

26         proc product_status;
27         run;

For Base SAS Software ...
   Custom version information: 9.4_M1
   Image version information: 9.04.01M1P120413
For SAS/STAT ...
   Custom version information: 13.1
For SAS/GRAPH ...
For SAS/ETS ...
For SAS/CONNECT ...
For SAS Enterprise Miner ...
For SAS Integration Technologies ...
For High Performance Suite ...
   Custom version information: 2.1_M1
For SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files ...
For SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC ...
For SAS/ACCESS Interface to OLE DB ...
   Custom version information: 9.4
   Image version information: 9.04.01M0P061913
NOTE: PROCEDURE PRODUCT_STATUS used (Total process time):
      real time           0.10 seconds
      cpu time            0.01 seconds
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@novinosrin  - Looks like you are good to go regarding testing a LIBNAME then. I'm assuming you are using a remote SAS server judging by the licence. What OS is your SAS running on? If you are running on Unix then you might need to go the PCFILES route. If you are running on Windows then you can directly interface with 64-bit Office components running on your Windows SAS server.

novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Thank you Sir @SASKiwi   Now you have caught my real inexperience in industry as such.  

What OS is your SAS running on?

I login to my machine with my office username and pw everyday. Then on the start menu I open SAS EG and PC SAS in parallel. The EG connects me automatically to a server called Bridgeport server.  lol Then I tend to play with the datasets in the libraries that shows on the left hand side menu

I have not seen any UNIX putty box so does that mean it's windows?

I know the above is silly and sounds childish, but I am hoping you can guess, Also, I can prolly ask the SAS admin in the building. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@novinosrin Haha, still find it amusing when Americans call me sir - not common practice where I live! Try running this in your SAS session. It should tell you what your OS is:

%put &SYSHOSTINFOLONG;
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Missed your message before I left office. The time here at Bridgeport,CT is 7:10pm. I'll have to message you with that tomorrow morning-your evening. 

novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Good morning/evening,

24         %put &SYSHOSTINFOLONG;
X64_ES08R2 WIN 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Server
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@novinosrin  - SAS is running on Windows Server, so you could just try a LIBNAME using the ACCESS engine now.

novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Cool. Thank you & Green to go. :). Will try and update you . Thank you for the patience and help. Cheers!

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Hmm.  So that means that our Office 2010 version is backward compatible, and just keeps on using, and updating an Access 2003 database.

I tried to save our *.mdb, using Save As, and the *.accdb option didn't even appear.  I guess that you have to export from Access to get an updated db.

Steve Denham

lsirakos
Calcite | Level 5

Yeah I could only save as accdb but I just changed the extension to mdb to see if that would work (it didn't obviously).  I know I can only import excel files that are .xls and not .xlsx, is there a fix out there for 9.2 to account for this or is it just something I will have to deal with?

Reeza
Super User

You should talk to tech support. It depends on your version of sas, ie I'm 9.2 TS2M3 and I can read 2010 files (xlsx and accdb)

They can always provide you the latest version and/or hotfix and it should work.

Its definitely possible, but there are so many factors that tech support is probably your best bet now.

lsirakos
Calcite | Level 5

Sounds like a plan, thanks for your help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 35 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 in conversation