BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PStat
Calcite | Level 5
I'm trying to get a fresh SAS 9.2 install operational, and I need to be able to import Excel 97-2003 spreadsheets. Proc import doesn't work, and it isn't listed as an option in the import wizard. I do, however, get options for Excel 4 and Excel 5 or 95. I have searched around extensively in the SAS knowledge base and using Google.

I am running Windows Server 2003 (x64) and have Office 2007 installed. Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Given this table:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acpcref/61891/HTML/default/a003094743.htm
it seems you should be able to import your Excel file using PROC IMPORT and using the source identifier XLS.
If not so, please attach any LOG or messages from your attempts when "Proc import doesn't work", and potentially, you could open a track to SAS tech support.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
PStat
Calcite | Level 5
Great, that resolved the issue perfectly. Thanks for your help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation