BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Loko
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

We have a Sas stored process which is run from Excel-Sas-ADD-ins-Reports.

This report will bring within excel the image of each user department.

The last step within the procedure contains a proc print step in order for the data to be listed in Excel.

From the Add-In OPtions - Results tab, we have chosen either:

--> SAS-Report and the Add-inn throws the "Out of resources" message and closes the excel

--> CSV, in which case it seems the add-inn ccontinuouslyrefreshes information and never stops...

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

Just curious, have you tried HTML format? And, using a very basic style?

Loko
Barite | Level 11

Yes, I have tried and the result is the same Smiley Sad

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

What version of Excel are you using, 2003 has a limit of 64k records.  Perhaps thats it.  TBH though, why are you putting out 100k records to Excel in the first place.  Nobody is every going to look at a chunk of data like that (I get annoyed when I have to scroll over the first page).  If you doing a data transfer, then use data transfer format, i.e. CSV or XML. 

One other that occurs to me, if your Excel can handle it and you are having trouble writing CSV, are you sure the process has access to all the relevant areas, check with your IT.

Personally I don't use Add-in, my suggestion would be to write directly to a file somewhere, then have Excel open that file which has been written.

Loko
Barite | Level 11

Hello RW9,

It's about excel 2007 so is not about the 64k limit.

I can not explain why is the reason to put so many rows in excel. I have tried to describe how the process takes place. There are many users who can access the SAS stored process. They open their excel from their PC, they run the report and depending of user's attributes a report is listed within excel.

Taking into account this behavior and that the Server where we have SAS has Linux - how shall I implement what you have mentioned - "my suggestion would be to write directly to a file somewhere, then have Excel open that file which has been written" ?

Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

Are all users having the same experience?

The reason I ask is because we have seen "out-of-resource" errors occur with AMO when the user's drive is essentially full.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation