BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mark_ABS
Calcite | Level 5

Does anybody have any good tips or documentation on how to trouble shoot the SAS Add-in. I have a client that has in the past openend WRS reports in Excel via the SAS Add. This was using SAS 9.2.

We have recently moved to SAS 9.3 and moved all their files and metadata to a new server. The reports have been tested and everything works as expected in SAS WRS, but when I attempt to open the reports in MS Excel we get the following error.

Capture.GIF

I have been trying to determine where the error is occuring with no luck and I have had very little success in finding and docmentation on the SAS support site that helps. So if anybody has an tips or ideas on where we should be looking that would be a great help.

Cheers

Mark

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This looks like an question for SAS Technical Support.  They may ask you to enable additional logging, using the steps in this SAS note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/31/217.html

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ssomak
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I've got exactly the same problem. In addition, I cannot enable additional logging (don't have an admin privilages). Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Mark_ABS
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Chris. I used the suggested technote and it indeed gives you a lot of useful information. So here is an update for those playing at home. We raised a Support Task and did further investigation. The two things that we have come across is that AMO 4.3 does not like Cross tabulation and is noted in the recent Hot Fix G28001 and G30001. We are in the process of downloading this and will test further.

The other factor is group breaks and on this one I can't determine if it is our data or a bug, I'm think it is our data as other reports with group breaks work, but there might be other combinations at play. The work around for the client at the moment that covers both is to export from WRS as an Excel file and them open in Excel. At the moment this is ok as they are just dealing with static reports but in the future we want to look at dynamic reports and this is were AMO will come into it's own.

We are also looking to deploy AMO 5.1 and SAS EG 5.1.

Cheers

Mark.

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

What is the version of your AMO?

ssomak
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I've got WRS 4.3 and Add-In 4.3 (4.3.0.10196),

Regards

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation