BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Lily
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I have an MS Access VBA script which will call a stored SAS procedure. In the procedure, I utilized a macro variable the value of which will come from VBA, i.e., a pull-down text box. How can I pass the value to SAS?

thanks,

Lily
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,
If you are going to invoke the stored process via URL using the Stored Process Web Application, then you would pass the parameter value as a name/value pairs on the URL:
[pre]
http://server:port/SASStoredProcess/do?_program=/Repos/SP-name&region=Asia&type=Summary
[/pre]
where REGION is a parameter (which could come from a form or some other front end) and Asia is the value of the parameter
and,
TYPE is a parameter and Summary is the value of the parameter.

If you are not going to use the Stored Process Web Application for invoking your stored process, then you should consult the samples in the Integration Technologies documentation or work with Tech Support.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation