BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jtuck
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to move my team away from using DDE to populate excel reports to using libname. Most of our code uses rsubmit and that works fine, but when I try to get to do the same thing without rsubmit I get an error. 

IE, this works:

rsubmit;
libname xl xlsx '\filepath\filename.xlsx';

data xl.exampledataset1;
set exampledataset1;
run;

endrsubmit;

This does not:

libname xl xlsx '\filepath\filename.xlsx';

data xl.exampledataset1;
set servwork.exampledataset1;
run;

It throws this error:

ERROR: The XLSX engine cannot be found.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Browsing suggests it's something to do with 64bit SAS vs 32bit Excel, but I would have thought our server was running the same version of SAS, Not sure how to confirm that though.

Thanks,

James

2 REPLIES 2
kishangabani
Obsidian | Level 7

Check your SET statement, library is wrong.

TRY:

SET xl.exampledataset1;

Reeza
Super User

It sounds more like a versioning issue. If it's a version issue, the file gets created and then you get an error when trying to open the file. 

You can check the version with the following to see if you have the same on your server and/or desktop. It's common to have different versions unfortunately. 

rsubmit;

proc product_status;
   run;

endrsubmit;

proc product_status;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation