BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

Does anyone know how to export data from SAS to Microsoft Presentations.
I am using Windows SAS, and have SAS/ACCess to PC files installed on my computer.

Will this installation do, or do I need any additional installations.

Thanks
Shalini
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
When you say "Microsoft Presentations", you mean Microsoft PowerPoint???

This Tech Support note describes your choices with BASE SAS:
http://support.sas.com/kb/23/664.html

One other method, is to just cut and paste directly from Microsoft Word, into PowerPoint, when you open your RTF file. Otherwise, there is no "direct" SAS to PowerPoint method, using Base SAS and/or SAS/Access to PC Files (which is really relevant only for CSV, Excel, and Microsoft Access files, tab-delimited files, etc).

If you have the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office (as part of a SAS Enterprise Intelligence Platform installation, also known as the Business Intelligence Platform), there is the capability to establish a connection directly to a SAS dataset from within Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). This connection allows you to perform analyses and have those analytic tasks return their results directly to PowerPoint. You can also run SAS Stored Processes and have the stored process results return directly to PowerPoint.

But in the absence of the whole SAS Enterprise Intelligence Platform client/server configuration, your choices are basically cut and paste of tables and graphs, as described in the Tech Support note.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation