BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

My excel gets crashed every time when I try to save it after pulling data from SAS stored procedure.

ExcelCrash.png

Did any one face this issue before or have any suggestion to fix this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

It seems incompatibility with the version of .NET on my machine was causing this issue.

I applied following Hotfix to correct this:

http://support.sas.com/kb/53301

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Has this only just started happening or has it never worked? Do other SAS users have the same problem or is it just your PC? Rather than waste a lot of time troubleshooting I suggest you try re-installing the SAS Add-In to Microsoft Office as a starting point.

Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

Its a problem from long time and everyone in my team is facing this issue. I already re-installed SAS Add-In to Microsoft Office but no luck!!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you track this to SAS Tech Support in that case.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Try running the stored process from EG, and save the results to an Excel file. Then see if it is something in the data that causes Excel to crash.

Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

I ran that SP in EG and send data to Excel. But when I tried saving that Excel, I got following error:Excel Issue.png

This is the case with simple data export (SASHELP.CLASS) as well. No idea whats going on here.

ballardw
Super User

Long shot: Is your SAS a 32-bit version and Excel 64 bits or vice versa?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Don't do "Send to Excel". That's about as crappy as can get, basically it means that SAS simulates an Excel user typing in values. Takes forever and a day with big data. And is completely dependent upon what your Excel version of the day _thinks_ you wanted to "type".

Save/Export the data to a file and then open that from Excel.

My personal favorite for getting data into Excel is tagsets.excelxp. Works on all SAS platforms and completely avoids the microcrap while working with SAS.

Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

It seems incompatibility with the version of .NET on my machine was causing this issue.

I applied following Hotfix to correct this:

http://support.sas.com/kb/53301

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation