BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I tried to open a word document from "Open from SAS Folders" menu option in MS Word and I got following error message:

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Word experienced an error trying to open the file.

Try these suggestions.

* Check the file permissions for the document or drive.

* Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space.

* Open the file with the Text Recovery converter.

(C:\...\UW Compliance-Group Term Repor...)

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:

----------------------------------------

Exception type:  System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

Try these suggestions.

* Check the file permissions for the document or drive.

* Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space.

* Open the file with the Text Recovery converter.

(C:\...\UW Compliance-Group Term Repor...)

Source:          Microsoft Word

Target Site:     Open

Help Link:       C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033\WDMAIN11.CHM#24601

Stack Trace:

at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Documents.Open(Object& FileName, Object& ConfirmConversions, Object& ReadOnly, Object& AddToRecentFiles, Object& PasswordDocument, Object& PasswordTemplate, Object& Revert, Object& WritePasswordDocument, Object& WritePasswordTemplate, Object& Format, Object& Encoding, Object& Visible, Object& OpenAndRepair, Object& DocumentDirection, Object& NoEncodingDialog, Object& XMLTransform)

at SAS.OfficeAddin.WordAddin.OpenDocument(_Application application, String docName)

at SAS.OfficeAddin.WordAddin.OpenFileAsUntitled(String file)

at SAS.OfficeAddin.OfficeAddinBase.PostProcessJob(JobContext jobContext, Boolean promptOnErrors)

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

I saved files in Office 2003 format and it worked fine. Now I'm able to open them!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What you are doing doesn't make any sense. The "Open from SAS Folder" is for SAS-type files only like SAS reports, stored processes, EG projects etc. These read SAS objects into Word.

If you want to read a Word doc into Word just use File Open. You don't need SAS for that.

Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

To open a SAS reports we have "Report" menu button on SAS Add in menu bar. Through this we can open/run any SAS report/Stored processes.

But I'm talking about "Open from SAS Folder" which is there under File menu of word/excel file document. It only allows to open a MS office document and not a SAS report.

Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

I saved files in Office 2003 format and it worked fine. Now I'm able to open them!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation