BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi there,

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm generating some tables, graphs etc in SAS and using the ODS to save them as rtf files. I'm saving the tables as hyperlinks in a word document (we use word to write our reports) so that they are automatically updated when I regenerate the tables in SAS.

However, if I want to view/modify the tables in Word, they are not that pretty or easy to 'manoeuvre' within the word document. Is there are better way to do the whole process? i.e. create tables/graphics in SAS, insert them in a word document, have them automatically update everytime I rerun the analysis but also allow me the flexibility to 'play with them and make them pretty' directly in Word.

Thanks in anticipation!
Jo
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Unfortunately, your post attempts to explain a problem that I read as: a Word document management problem, where there is difficulty with embedded images. Additionally, you also mention a problem with SAS-generated image quality when you link the images as external references in your Word document.

Suggest you share some of your ODS code that reveals more about what you are generating, possibly suggesting that your choice of image-file type output by SAS may be a related factor?

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Suggested Google advanced search argument, this topic/post:
word document external image link site:sas.com
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
I don't understand this part of your post:
I'm saving the tables as hyperlinks in a word document (we use word to write our reports) so that they are automatically updated when I regenerate the tables in SAS.

Can you post the SAS code that you use to "save the tables as hyperlinks in a Word document"???

For example, if I run the program below, my table, (from PROC TABULATE) is -NOT- a hyperlink -- it is a Word table when Word opens and renders the RTF file. The GCHART output is also not a hyperlink -- it is an embedded image...note that I am using the SASEMF driver to create the output.

cynthia
[pre]
ods rtf file='c:\temp\open_with_Word.rtf' startpage=no style=sasweb;
proc tabulate data=prdsale;
where country = 'GERMANY';
var predict;
class prodtype;
table prodtype all,
predict*(min mean max);
run;

goption dev=sasemf hsize=7in vsize=5in;
proc gchart data=prdsale;
where country = 'GERMANY';
vbar prodtype/sumvar=actual;
run;
quit;
ods rtf close;
[/pre]

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation