BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Our SAS System is loaded onto three servers - How do I go about determining which SAS products are loaded onto these servers? In particular, I am trying to find where my SAS/Access software for PC files is loaded.

I have determined I have the license for this piece of software, but cannot find where it is loaded, or even if it is loaded.

I am most interested in converting data into MS Access format, or failing that, into Excel format.

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
As described in these previous posts, PROC SETINIT not only shows you the expiration date of your license, it also shows which products you have licensed:
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=7846Ầ
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=1366Ֆ

If you need more help with finding out the products licensed on your servers, Tech Support can help you. (Or help you with installation steps for SAS/Access to PC File Formats)

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply.....

I agree with what you explained, however, does that tell me if the software is actually loaded onto our servers? Doesn't Proc SetInit only tell if I have a valid license? I need to know if there's a way to tell if certain software is loaded on my servers.

Thanks for your replies and for your help!
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Since I follow a different install path for my software, what I have licensed and what I have installed are the same and are revealed by PROC SETINIT.

Perhaps if you contact Tech Support, they can help you with the distinction that you are making or can tell you which DLLs or Load Modules to look for on your various servers (depending on operating system). Most SAS modules (like SAS/Graph or SAS/Access) do have separate directories or modules that you can look for to see whether they've actually been installed. Tech Support would be your best bet for an answer.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi, Cynthia,

Thanks for replying.... it's frustrating for me since the SAS systems/servers/software I've inherited were in place when I started my current job. Sooner or later, I'll have it all together.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Phil Mason

found this useful little program on the SAS FTP site. Run it and it will
tell you what SAS products you have installed - and it gives more
information that just running a Proc Setinit.

The code can be downloaded from here ...
http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/base/SASInstallReporter.sas
deleted_user
Not applicable
Peter_c,

Thanks! I'll download it and give it a shot.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation