BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I may be missing the obvious but how do I define a library in the SAS MS Addin
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
I don't think there is a library wizard or a code node like in EG. You can skirt around this by inserting custom code in a task where you can use standard libname syntax to assign your library.

Finally, you could write your own add-in custom task in VB.NET or C# that is all about assigning libraries. BTW- there is a sample custom task that is a simplified code node and I think it might work in the Add-In, http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/guide/customtasks/index.htm

Regards,
Stephen
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am not sure what you mean by inserting custom code. I know how to do this on EG Guide but not the Add In.

Sorry if I am not understanding.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Unless you are a SAS administrator or one of the Enterprise Intelligence Platform developers, I would not recommend customizing the Add-in for Microsoft Office before checking with these people first.

If you do not see particular libraries when you are using the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office, it could be that the people who set up the security determined that you were not supposed to see that library. On the other hand, it could be something as simple as the administrator did not define your security privileges in the Metadata the right way.

At any rate, while the custom task is a cool idea, you would NOT want to implement anything like this without consulting with your SAS Administrator or your technical folks first.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation