BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
89sankar
Fluorite | Level 6

In DI studio, How to use Register Tables wizard to register metadata for a Microsoft Access database table using ODBC?

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
First you need to register s library:
http://support.sas.com/kb/43/070.html

After that you can go ahead using the new tables wizard.
Data never sleeps
89sankar
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes. But When I create library for excel sheets import, we have specific excel library type. We don't have this for access, So I have taken ODBC library type. Still I don't find a way to connect to my source data. Do I have to create new connection server for this?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @89sankar,

it is completely as @LinusH said.

My addition here is an explanation on how SAS handles Excel and Access "files" and why, and why you find those differences.

The reason is that Excel is not much more different than a csv file. It is a "kind-of-text file". But Access is a perfectly binary file.

Also, Excel I would not consider it as a database, while Access it is a database. A small and simple one but, still, a relational database with full specifications. Hence, Access will be handled as a normal database within SAS, Excel, as a "comma-separated" file.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
A bit awkward but yes, I think so.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation