BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cullima
Calcite | Level 5
We have recently both upgraded from SAS 9.1 to 9.2 and completely changed our library structure. I am now attempting to get an Excel spreadsheet created in our previous environment to workin the new one. I have re-created the source table but it is now in a different library. Whenever I try to access/modify the data coming into the spreadsheet I get an error telling me the library cannot be found (which I know!).

Is there a way of amending the source data?
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you are working in the context of the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office in the Enterprise Intelligence Platform, then it was my understanding that you needed to follow a migration plan, not merely upgrade SAS on the servers.

I believe that Metadata changes were implemented between 9.1 and 9.2 that involved some restructuring and reconfiguring, as described in the documentation on migrating content:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bimig/61696/HTML/default/overvw.htm

You should work with your SAS Administrator and possibly, with Tech Support, to be sure that the migration at your installation worked correctly.

cynthia
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
There is in the SAS EG 4.2 directory a MigrationWizard.exe which can be used to migrate MS Excel files from 9.1 to 9.2.

I'm not sure if this will solve all of your issues with the Excel migration - but the tool will help you to re-map file and library definitions. Just give it a try.

HTH
Patrick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation