BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BillB
Fluorite | Level 6

We had E.G. 5.1 and Office Analytics installed.

I created data sets that I place in sub folders under a library our admin created.

When I try to access those sub folders and data sets in Office Analytics, I don't see them.

Our Admin is fairly new with SAS and I'm not sure but I believe this is a meta data issue.

Any help would be great.

4 REPLIES 4
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Although more details would be helpful, such as some screen shots, but it does look like a 'Read' meta data permission issue. On a side note, I found it most efficient is to ask SAS tech support to Webex into your machine.

Haikuo

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Just trying to understand what you have done, and I need to clarify your definitions

when you say folder(s) under a library your admin created - are you talking about metadata folders or physical folders? As I am not sure you can create folders under a library in metadata...

How did you place the data in the folders?

Funny questions I know Smiley Happy

Barry

BillB
Fluorite | Level 6

Barry;

When I run a query in SAS E.G. I can choose my Library only to place the ourput data set (let's call it data set 1); consequently, all the data sub sets I run are placed under web Library.

When I open in Excel Office Analytics I have to hunt through the web Library other data set files to find what I want.

I would like to be able to place the E.G. query output in a designated sub folder within the web Library so that I can organize/choose what I want in Excel Office Analytics.

revi_sas
SAS Employee

Have you registered the dataset into the library using SAS Management Console? Also the library has to be opened to the users or Office Analytics.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation