BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

I have a stored process containing a multi-item text prompt, i.e. Text, User Enters Values, Multiple Values.  In the prompt manager GUI, I enter the text, press Add, and all current values display in the listbox.

I would like the end user to be able to specify this list in an Excel range (column).  I would then use VBA to retrieve those values, set the value(s) of the prompt, then refresh the stored process.

I have this simple subroutine, modified from the AMO help, SASStoredProcess.SetParameter Method topic:

Sub RefreshStoredProcessWithPrompts()

Dim sas As SASExcelAddIn

Set sas = Application.COMAddIns.Item("SAS.ExcelAddIn").Object

Dim list As SASStoredProcesses

Set list = sas.GetStoredProcesses(Sheet1)

Dim stp As SASStoredProcess

Set stp = list.Item(1)

stp.SetParameter "where_value_1", "foo"

stp.SetParameter "where_value_1", "bar"

stp.SetParameter "where_value_1", "blah"

stp.Refresh

End Sub

Ok, I didn't really expect this to work; as I expected, the last setting ("blah") wins.

Can I set a multi-item text prompt value using AMO and VBA?  My stored process uses the resultant macro variables set by the prompt manager to build an IN ( ) list.  It will be much faster for them to just paste the desired list into Excel and run the macro than to Modify the stored process and key in the new list one item at a time.

Thanks,

Scott

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
1 REPLY 1
jgutierrez2
Calcite | Level 5

I have the same question and have been unable to find an answer.  Did you ever figure this out?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation