BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi, I created few tables in access database and then analyzed in SAS by merging all together. The access database had questions for which I used say Q1, Q2, Q3.....while creating the forms. But when I analyzed it in SAS it gives me the output with Q1,Q2,Q3......But I want the whole question to appear in the output.
How do I do it?
7 REPLIES 7
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
You will need to explain what is meant by "...I want the whole question..." and better yet share what SAS code you have created (pasted into a post reply to the forum) and also share input (short data sample using instream DATALINES; approach) and output (expected) to help explain visually what it is that you are hoping to generate with your SAS application/program.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello,
What I mean by the whole question is that, suppose there is a question in access which says:
B1. Do you smoke?
Yes No

When I analyze this question in SAS, it gives me the output as:
# variable Type Len Format Informat Label
96 B1 Char 255 $255 $255 B1

But I want the question to appear over there....at the place where B1 is
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
You will need to identify where (in Access) does the question text exist.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
The question is in the form design and the references such as Q1 are in the table design...
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I expect you would want these data-strings for the questions to be available (and somehow related) to the appropriate response table column, not buried in a Access-internal form/table design file. I don't know what to suggest to you.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Exactly right.....how to do that?
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19
> Exactly right.....how to do that?

Hardly possible as long as you do not have the text in the data table. You could create an association table in Access mapping B1 to the appropriate text, that table can be used to create label-statements in sas.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation