BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have a user who is using the MS Add-in to pull data into an Excel worksheet. However, every cell in her sheet shows up as a formula. When I highlighted a column and tried changing the cells in the column formats, the cells still showed up as formulas, as follows:

=" 1222.34"

Could this possibly be related to a setting in the Add-in?

Thanks in advance!
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I have never seen this happen when opening a SAS data source into Excel using the SAS Add-in. So I wonder the following:
1) HOW is she using the Add-in
a) is she going to the SAS menu and clicking Open-->Data Source
and getting the data by that method
b) is she populating the worksheet from an analysis task
c) is she populating the worksheet from a stored process
d) is she populating the worksheet from an information map
???

As I said, I have never seen that behavior from eithe 1a or 1b. Depending on how the stored process was written for 1c, I can imagine an instance where the stored process incorrectly created character variables or character strings. I've never seen this behavior when opening an Information Map.

I do not believe this is related to an Add-in setting. This is an issue for Tech Support. In order to help them figure out the answer, you'd give them the most help if wrote down the steps that the user goes through to open the data or run the stored process. Also write down the SAS options in effect on the Data Tab and the Stored Process Tab when the problem is encountered.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation