BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gzr2mz39
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I have a libname in SAS that points to a library called '/sasdata/opsupport/'.

The library is located on a SAS 9.4 server.

How do I navigate to this library in the Add-In for Microsoft Office?

I'm unable to locate the library under SAS Folders and Servers. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

For your LIBNAME to be available in Excel, it needs to be set up so it is run automatically whenever a SASApp session is started. The easiest way to do this is by creating it as a Data Library in SAS Management Console:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bidsag/68193/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0l9lj112qvz7tn0z2r...

You could also put the LIBNAME in a SAS AUTOEXEC program but that is trickier to set up. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Viraaj
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Here we have two options to access the tables via SAS  MS Add-in.

1. Metadata 

2. Application server (physical tables libraries)

Metadata: you need to create the metadata folders on SMC. So that all user can access this metadata folders via SAS MS add-in.

I have attached the screen shots of both in SAS MS Add-in.

Thanks

Appservers.jpg
gzr2mz39
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Viraaj,

How do you create metadata folders on SMC?

Thank you.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Click SAS Data on the SAS ribbon. This opens View SAS Data, click Browse to go to Open Data Source.

Select Servers, double click on your SAS Server name (maybe SASApp) and it should expand to show all of the server LIBNAMEs. 

gzr2mz39
Quartz | Level 8

Under SASApp I see the following libraries: maps, mapsgfk, mapssas, sasapp-sasdata, sashelp, sasuser, stp samples, and work.

I don't see anymore levels under these folders.

If I don't see the libname I'm looking for how would I go about adding it?

Thank you.

Viraaj
Calcite | Level 5
Yes, you can add the new library same level.

Thanks

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
SASKiwi
PROC Star

For your LIBNAME to be available in Excel, it needs to be set up so it is run automatically whenever a SASApp session is started. The easiest way to do this is by creating it as a Data Library in SAS Management Console:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bidsag/68193/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0l9lj112qvz7tn0z2r...

You could also put the LIBNAME in a SAS AUTOEXEC program but that is trickier to set up. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation