BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SilinBorro
Quartz | Level 8

HI,

I've created a pie chart in ADDIn Excel customizing it with several properties.

I need to get the code of the pie chart to create a stored process and insert it in a report.

How do I get the SAS Code?

thanks a lot!

Silvia

5 REPLIES 5
SilinBorro
Quartz | Level 8

We have SAS 9.3 installed and Addin Office 5.1

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Typically, you develop stored processes in SAS Enterprise Guide or by writing code. The easiest way to create your stored process is to switch over to Enterprise Guide, start a new project, create your pie chart in the new project. Then you can export the code and make your modifications. Then test and save your code once everything looks as you want it to.

You can create a new stored process from this changed code. Enterprise Guide is "one stop shopping" for stored processes, since it will allow you to test, create and register your stored process from within one interface.

cynthia

SilinBorro
Quartz | Level 8

Thnaks Cynthia!!!!

I´ll try it, You´re right that the pie chart may be built in Enterprise Guide, but with less customizations than in Addin Office. That´s why I asked.

Greetings.

Silvia

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, I am having a hard time visualizing what you can do in the Add-in tasks that you can't do with EG. The SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office is surfacing the EG tasks and wizards for graphics such as your pie chart. So you should be able to nearly duplicate your graph in EG -- unless you are using some Windows customization after the Add-in makes your graph.

cynthia

SilinBorro
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

So I'll try it first in EG, and then I'll compare it with Add-in.

Ill tell you.

Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation