BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

Two questions:

1. Anyone using Add-in for Microsoft Office 6.1 with SAS 9.3?

• I reviewed 6.1 documentation and could not find anything to indicate whether this version is backwards compatible with a SAS 9.3 server.
  • AMO 6.1 comes with a stand-alone installer, which makes it seem more attractive on its face.

2. Does AMO 7.1 also come with a stand-alone installer?

• documentation clearly indicates AMO 7.1 works with SAS 9.3
  • but, no indication of whether there is a stand-alone installer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ

The system requirements have the following note:

Note: SAS Add-In 6.1 for Microsoft Office supports SAS 9.2, SAS 9.3 and SAS 9.4.

Source: http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikmsofficeintsr/66612/PDF/default/sreq.pdf

Or navigate starting at the main support site: support.sas.com --> System Requirements --> SAS 9.4 --> SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office

Is that what you are looking for?

Kind regards, Jos

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ThomKinCA
Calcite | Level 5

I can answer #2.  AMO 7.1 and 7.11 comes with the stand-alone installer.

Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks, ThomKinCA. Most appreciated.

I marked your answer "Helpful" because no one else will respond to #1 if I mark it as "Answered".

Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

Comment to push this . . .

Question #1 still not answered. Anyone?

M_Dexter
SAS Employee

Fugue,

Here is some information from the documentation.  I hope it answers your question.

* You can use the SAS Add-In 7.1 for Microsoft Office and SAS Add-In 6.1 for Microsoft Office to access SAS 9.4, SAS 9.3, and SAS 9.2 content.
* You can use the SAS Add-In 5.1 for Microsoft Office to access SAS 9.3 and SAS 9.2 content.
Marie
Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks, Marie. Are you able to point me to the documentation stating that AMO 6.1 works with SAS 9.3? I have searched everything I could think to search, and could not find it . . .

A drawback to the way the forums are currently designed is that I can only mark two replies as "helpful" and only one response as "correct." So, I was forced to mark your comment as "helpful" rather than correct. Partly my fault, for putting more than one question in the same discussion thread.

Interestingly, IE 11 (running on Windows 7 x64) did not allow me to see the Helpful and Correct Answer buttons. I can only see them in Chrome.

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ

The system requirements have the following note:

Note: SAS Add-In 6.1 for Microsoft Office supports SAS 9.2, SAS 9.3 and SAS 9.4.

Source: http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikmsofficeintsr/66612/PDF/default/sreq.pdf

Or navigate starting at the main support site: support.sas.com --> System Requirements --> SAS 9.4 --> SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office

Is that what you are looking for?

Kind regards, Jos

Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

Apparently, I am blind. How many times did I read that documentation? Thanks, Jos and Marie.

meb_SAS
SAS Employee

Additional input for question 1: This sasnote has matrix tables of various SAS client software with their release and their support on SAS releases 9.1.3, 9.2, 9.3 and 9.4: http://support.sas.com/kb/51/162.html

Additional input for question 2: SAS Add-In 6.1 for Microsoft Office was first introduced in SAS 9.4 with SAS Add-in 7.1 for Microsoft Office being introduced in a later SAS 9.4 maintenance release. Depending on the type of SAS Software Order that your site has, both SAS Add-in releases may be available to install with the SDW (SAS Deployment Wizard), the traditional installation method, and the stand-alone installation method (unless the order is only for workstation environments). Read more in Appendix A at: https://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikdeploywizug/66034/PDF/default/user.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 5 in conversation