An off-topic spot to chat about your musings of the day

I attended a course on HR Analytics. How SAS can improve my Analytic skills?

New User

I attended a course on HR Analytics. How SAS can improve my Analytic skills?

I am an undergraduate in Math with Post Graduation in HR Management. I recently  attended a course on  HR Analytics. How SAS can improve my Analytic skills? 

My aim is to apply the analytics in HR function and get right and accurate metrics.

Please explain how SAS can help me?

Regards

Sathya

Super User

Re: I attended a course on HR Analytics. How SAS can improve my Analytic skills?

SAS can't improve your skills, as you acquire those by yourself.

Think if a hammer can improve your skills as a carpenter. Certainly not, but a good hammer can improve your capabilities by letting you hit harder and work longer. The same is true with SAS.

SAS is just a tool, but the qualitiy of the work lies with the one wielding the tool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super User

Re: I attended a course on HR Analytics. How SAS can improve my Analytic skills?

SAS can support your analysis, in terms of providing a programming interface to generate statistics, reports in a repeatable and efficient method.

Defining the metrics is a business issue, calculating and report on said metrics is where SAS can help you out. 

For example, a colleague of mine is currently responsible for administering a survey on employee satisfaction through our Corporate HR. This will go to approximately 30k employees and then SAS will be used to collate the results, generate reports for each Ministry and then for each department. These would need to be created and distributed within a few weeks of survey completion. 

The satisfaction data can then be analyzed to determine which managers aren't performing and where improvements can be made. 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation