unknown subjects ...advertisements...???

Frequent Contributor

unknown subjects ...advertisements...???

hi,

i am observing some users (may be not) ....are advertsing..............and posting mails so many times...this is filling up my INDBOX,

please check with these users..

shintumeru

miste1

sports001..

SAS Employee

Re: unknown subjects ...advertisements...???

Posted in reply to allurai0412

Thank you for reporting this.  We have seen small amounts of spam in the past, but this weekend really presented a lot of it.  We are working diligently to find a way to prevent the spam before you (the community users) ever see it.

It helps us a lot when the users report abuses.  Please continue to use the communities and continue to let us know when you see behavior that we should address.

-Renee

Super User

Posted in reply to reneeharper

Maybe time to add something like a SMITE button to a user profile page. If enough of the regular users smite them then their account is frozen and brought to Admin attention for appropriate action.

Or at least a Report to admin function somewhere.

SAS Employee

We are still working on a way to prevent the posts from ever showing up because my goal is that they don't bother you guys at all.  Until then, I have added the ability for you to mark a post as spam.  Just look for the following in the Actions box on a post.  When you select it, the post will disappear and a record is written in the log.

spam.gif

Let me know what you think!

PROC Star

Posted in reply to Community_Help

Thanks for providing this feature so the community can help keep the activity stream focused on real SAS related posts.

I've canned a few spam posts this morning and found it takes several clicks to mark a post as spam and then return to the activity view. Is there any way of making it a little quicker/easier so a post can be marked as spam with 1 click (or perhaps 2 with an are-you-sure prompt to avoid accidental clicks on real posts) without leaving the main activity view? Could you make "Spam" the default reason in the drop down list too? I imagine spam will be the most likely reason (for the moment at least). When the spam post has been done as a reply in an existing spam post, I also find I get a bit lost and am not sure which ones I've reported and which ones I haven't, so being able to flag them in the main activity view would help avoid this too.

I'm happy to spend a little time each day marking spam posts and the quicker it can be done for each post the more I can do in that time Smiley Happy

SAS Employee

Posted in reply to PaulHomes

The honest answer is that I don't know if I can make those changes or not. I am using the feature 'as is'. I agree that your suggestions would make it much easier.  We'll certainly look into it.

Thanks so much for helping with the spammers!

PROC Star

Posted in reply to reneeharper

Thanks for looking into it. I know how tricky and persistent those spammers can be.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation