BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chenyiwen1717
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I have a dataset with cases and potential controls. I would like to select controls by matching age, race, sex and birth weight in 1:10. I used to select controls by creating index, for example, concatenate age|race|sex , and then use proc surveyselect. However, this method cannot satisfy my need since I need to matching birth weight in certain range, such as +/- 50 g. How can I select controls by matching exact variables and variables in a range? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
kiranv_
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

please show some input and output data, so that someone cal help you

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Try a Google search for

SAS marching macro

There are a number of macros out there that will do tolerance matching on continuous variables.

Alternatively, you might consider propensity score matching.  That often performs better than the simple case-control approach you posited.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation