BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
me55
Quartz | Level 8

okay, i assume this should be a simple solution that i am just not coming up with but...i am new to sas reporting so i have two very large tables i am looking into creating a report for.  the reports are basicallly a summation of two variables grouped by a different variable for each report.  i have already built tables of the data i want on the report.  what i would like is to create a single pdf report with multiple tables & titles on it.  so it would look something like this...

pdf start

title 1

proc sql;

select *

from table1;

quit;

title 2

proc sql;

select *

from table2;

quit;

...4 more tables...

footnote...

end pdf

i would think this is possible but for some reason i keep getting a page break in between.  it does not have to be proc sql pulling the data also. 

5 REPLIES 5
svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Have you tried the startpage=no option in your code?

ods pdf file='path' startpage=no; 

<different procedures>

ods pdf close;
me55
Quartz | Level 8

that was part of it, i was putting the startpage=no in the wrong spot.  here is the code i am using...

data _null_ NOPRINT;
	today1=put(date(),worddate18.);
	today2=put(date(),YYMMDD10.);
	call symput('worddate',today1);
	call symput('numdate',today2);
run;

ods pdf file="test.pdf" startpage=no;
options label;

title "Test Reporting"; Footnote Generated by &_CLIENTUSERNAME with SAS Enterprise Guide &_CLIENTVERSION on &worddate; proc report data=RPT01 split="~" spanrows; title1 'report 01'; column SOURCE AmtA AmtB; run; title1; proc report data=RPT03 split="~" spanrows; title2 'report 03'; column SOURCE AMT1 AMT2; run; title2; title; ods pdf close; ods listing;

now however, i do not get the title inbetween.  this does stack the reports on the pdf but does not put a title inbetween like i need to explain the output...

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

The ODS PDF destination allows for one title on a page. If there is a second output that begins on the same page, there is no new title.

See this thread for a way to add "titles".

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-GRAPH-and-ODS-Graphics/ODS-PDF-2-charts-per-page-titles-missing-o...

--
Paige Miller
svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I've had this issue before, too. One workaround is to use ODS TEXT in the body of the report to add a title in the page. The TITLE statements are not that flexible and you can use ODS TEXT ='SAMPLE TITLE HERE' ; above your PROC REPORT code to insert text where you want it to go. 

ballardw
Super User

@svh wrote:

I've had this issue before, too. One workaround is to use ODS TEXT in the body of the report to add a title in the page. The TITLE statements are not that flexible and you can use ODS TEXT ='SAMPLE TITLE HERE' ; above your PROC REPORT code to insert text where you want it to go. 

Or Proc ODSTEXT which allows a little more flexibility in some ways than ODS text and does not create table output.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation