run;

Sas does not make a sound ?

I want to make a sound for

- the end of the execution of sas program

- sound for error or warning.

9 REPLIES 9
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Your program is correct, but the sound is made on the SAS server. You won't hear it if you are running SAS in a client-server mode such as through Enterprise Guide (EG).

Reeza
Super User

So if I send a program like that to the server, wherever the server is, it's making some sort of noise?

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Lol, it's possible, but highly unlikely, since the server is unlikely to have any hardware to actually produce the sound with.

Reeza
Super User

Damn, there goes my plans for fun. Though the servers are probably in a room where people don't go on a regular basis.

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I have used this code on SEG on server

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

As stated, since you are using a remote server, you will not be able to use the CALL SOUND sub-routine to play sounds on your client machine (through SEG).

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you.

Is there any solution ?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

No. This would need an extension of the EG's capabilities, so you might add an "idea" here in the EG sub-community.

BTW it should not really be hard to do, as EG already reacts to the completion of a task and determines (from the log) if the run was successful.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation