call sound(587,200);

run;

Sas does not make a sound ?

I want to make a sound for

- the end of the execution of sas program

- sound for error or warning.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: sas function sound

Your program is correct, but the sound is made on the SAS server. You won't hear it if you are running SAS in a client-server mode such as through Enterprise Guide (EG).

Super User

So if I send a program like that to the server, wherever the server is, it's making some sort of noise?

Trusted Advisor

Lol, it's possible, but highly unlikely, since the server is unlikely to have any hardware to actually produce the sound with.

Super User

Damn, there goes my plans for fun. Though the servers are probably in a room where people don't go on a regular basis.

Super User

At least my IBM pSeries can and does make beeps. Would only be useful for guiding service technicians to the correct box.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super Contributor

I have used this code on SEG on server

Trusted Advisor

As stated, since you are using a remote server, you will not be able to use the CALL SOUND sub-routine to play sounds on your client machine (through SEG).

Super Contributor

Thank you.

Is there any solution ?

Super User

No. This would need an extension of the EG's capabilities, so you might add an "idea" here in the EG sub-community.

BTW it should not really be hard to do, as EG already reacts to the completion of a task and determines (from the log) if the run was successful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation