sas excel ods error

Occasional Contributor

sas excel ods error

hi sas gurus, when i run the following code below, i get error. i am new to sas. i am running the code in sas eg 4.3

proc template;
define Tagset Tagsets.ExcelXP;
parent = Tagsets.ExcelBase;
end;
run;

ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;
ods tagsets.excelxp file='C:\Users\amardeep.singh\Desktop\SAS\regression.xls';

proc print data=sashelp.cars;
run;

ods tagsets.excelxp close;

ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access /apps/sas/ServerConfig/Lev2/BPApp/C:\Users\amardeep.singh\Desktop\SAS\regression.xls.

Super User

Re: sas excel ods error

What is your template code supposed to do?

I'm guessing you're running on a server so it can't see your C drive. You'll need to create it on the C drive and then ftp or download the file created.

Occasional Contributor

i basically just want to test if it works as i am new to sas and i have to create an excelsheet in a specific format. is there a book or website where i can learn sas excel tagsets

Super User

Are you trying to create a tagset or just use them? I'd start off just using it and then figuring out how to modify them.

Super User

You are using a SAS workspace server on a UNIX platform (that's why you see forward slashes instead of backslashes in the error message, Windows uses '\' instead of '/').

Your workspace server instance inherits its working path from the process spawner, which runs with a working directory where only the SAS installation userID has write access.

- specify an absolute path, eg to your home directory: $HOME/test.xls

- transfer the result to your windows platform, eg with sftp

- you may be able to do the copy from the "Files" section in the server list in Enterprise Guide

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation