BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Steelers_In_DC
Barite | Level 11

I am using Enterprise Guide but have an active SAS/Connect license.  I have been trying to look up how to connect to my local computer without PC/SAS but am not haveing any luck.  Can I use:

filename rlink

options comamid = TCP REMOTE

To then be able to use proc import or proc upload via EG?  If so any help with syntax will help.

Thank You,

Mark 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steelers_In_DC
Barite | Level 11

I have pc/sas and can use a proc import there, does that mean I have sas/connect on my local pc?  I'd like to be able connect EG to my local computer.  Searching the internet it looks like this is an option but I cannot get it to work.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
OS2Rules
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi:

You need SAS/Connect on your local PC as well.  SAS\Connect establishes a connection between 2 SAS sessions.

Steelers_In_DC
Barite | Level 11

I have pc/sas and can use a proc import there, does that mean I have sas/connect on my local pc?  I'd like to be able connect EG to my local computer.  Searching the internet it looks like this is an option but I cannot get it to work.

OS2Rules
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi:

Proc import is not related to SAS/Connect, but proc upload and proc download are - to use them you have to have SAS/Connect on

both systems - which usually means a SA/Base install.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Eguide is a client and you SAS/base local installed is a server service in Windows when installed that way. It uses MS_com.

No need to mention SAS/Connect, that one is for connecting SAS/base systems on different machines.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What are you trying to achieve by using SAS/CONNECT? If it is simply to upload or download SAS datasets between your PC and your SAS server then there are already tasks in EG for that. Have a look on your EG menu under Tasks ==> Data.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Aside from the tips others gave you, be aware that SAS/CONNECT without SAS/SECURE works without encryption, therefore it is as unsafe as standard telnet. You can set up a SSH tunnel and work over that, but it needs additional config work.

OS2Rules
Obsidian | Level 7

Kurt         

Encryption is used by default in SAS/Connect in 9.4 and can be user selected in 9.3

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Kurt, I am convinced there is no need for the SAS/secure license when securing Connect/Share as those are using to low level features tcp/ip for that.

Nowhere is the requirement for SAS/Secure mentioned Communications Access Methods for SAS/CONNECT(R) 9.2 and SAS/SHARE(R) 9.2.

The encryption level is a difference SAS(R) 9.2 Intelligence Platform: Security Administration Guide (AES in SAS/secure).

As the SAS/secure is integrated in the based license in 9.4 it is not an important topic to discuss of the included parts.

It should be done and integrated in all.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation