BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ojoseph
Calcite | Level 5

please, i lost my unsaved codes. could anyone help me on how to retrieve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

@ojoseph wrote:

i am working on this datasets called germancredit i used proc import to import the data. i have already finished it and obtained output. but, did not save the codes and the output.

in my analyses i used proc discrim, proc corr, proc factor and proc glm.

thanks.

That's like no information. Are you using SAS University Edition or Academics on Demand, or SAS installed on your comptuer?

Did you ever save the code at all? If not, you're likely out of luck. 

If you're using SAS UE, and you opened it back up and it didn't have your code you're likely out of luck as well. 

Frequently saving your work is a good lesson to learn early. Sorry it had to make you lose your work though. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Could you provide some details about your problem. Explain. Not a short explanation, but an explanation of the problem with lots and lots and lots of detail so we can understand what you are talking about.

--
Paige Miller
ojoseph
Calcite | Level 5

i am working on this datasets called germancredit i used proc import to import the data. i have already finished it and obtained output. but, did not save the codes and the output.

thanks.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Did you exit from SAS without saving your code? 

If you didn't save the code, then most likely it is gone, and you will have to recreate the code.

You should, however, do a search, using your operating system's search feature, for all files on all disks whose name ends with .sas, and then open each one you find in SAS to see if it contains the code you are looking for.

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User

@ojoseph wrote:

thanks.

That's like no information. Are you using SAS University Edition or Academics on Demand, or SAS installed on your comptuer?

Did you ever save the code at all? If not, you're likely out of luck. 

If you're using SAS UE, and you opened it back up and it didn't have your code you're likely out of luck as well. 

Frequently saving your work is a good lesson to learn early. Sorry it had to make you lose your work though. 

ojoseph
Calcite | Level 5

Sas installed on my computer via my school.

Reeza
Super User

You can try the solutions listed here, assuming you were not using SAS Studio and a fully installed version of SAS. If it was a cloud solution that was hosted on your schools servers you're out of luck.

http://support.sas.com/kb/12/392.html

I suspect it may take less time to rewrite than to try to recover this work TBH.

ojoseph
Calcite | Level 5

Recoded it. I am done already.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation