BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PegasusTT77
Fluorite | Level 6

I cannot save a new favorite folder anymore, see example folder "test" and I cannot find a solution.

My preferences are "Save settings on exit" but my window settings are not permanently saved also.

favfolder.JPGDoes anyone know how to fix this? I cannot find a solution online.

Maybe it could help to fix it via a new profile, but I have no idea how to do it and which file I have to delete/rename: 

profile.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

It's possible that your profile might have become corrupted - I've seen that happen before. if you delete or rename rhe file profile.sas7bdat when you next open SAS a new one will automatically be created for you. Of course you will lose all settings in the old file.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Is TEST a libref? Was it assigned as temporray?

What path was assigned to TEST ?

LIBNAME TEST '...path ...';

PegasusTT77
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Shmuel, TEST is the name of a project specific windows folder, where my sas programms are:

create.JPG

And sorry, if I did not specified enough: I want to save my settings, e.g. because I want my projects available in my favorite folders. This is at the moment not possible and I do not know why. As you can see in the second picture I was able to create folders and the system saved my folders, but now - I have no idea what I might have done - it is not possible that my folder is permanently saved, means: reopen SAS - no new folder shortcut.

ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

It's possible that your profile might have become corrupted - I've seen that happen before. if you delete or rename rhe file profile.sas7bdat when you next open SAS a new one will automatically be created for you. Of course you will lose all settings in the old file.

PegasusTT77
Fluorite | Level 6

first try of automatically creating a new profile did not work, because I got:
NOTE: Unable to open SASUSER.PROFILE. WORK.PROFILE will be opened instead.
NOTE: All profile changes will be lost at the end of the session.
Then I used another shortcut to open SAS with another sasv9.cfg (identically file but other path) and then - surprise - my SAS created a new profile file and opend INCLUDING my user settings and options and shortcuts and keys and .... o_O It worked, that counts. :-)))

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation