BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
carbesta
Calcite | Level 5

I recently installed SAS 9.4 in my new work computer. The sas code in the program editor looks different, the code coloring is different and it wont let me collapse the code into sections. I tried changing it in tools/options but it won't show the standard coloring code.

Does any one know how to change it ?

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Looks like time for a re-install. And you may want to watch other 'options' to make sure everything you expect is installed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

Do you mean that you started with the enhanced editor window active, Selected Tools>Options>Enhanced Editor>Appearance and the Default Scheme was not available in the drop down list for scheme?

carbesta
Calcite | Level 5

I did "Program Editor" (not enchanced editor) and the schemes avaialble are different from the "usual' format.  It has "3270 deafult" and "Default" but they dont match the usual format. 

ballardw
Super User

Start with the ENHANCED Editor and not Program Editor. They are different editors and the Program editor, being over 20 years old does not have the same options available at all. And then Use the Enhanced editor.

carbesta
Calcite | Level 5

I think that there was an error in the installation and that why is not using the enhanced editor when opening sas.

ERROR: The Enhanced Editor Control is not installed.

thanks for your help! @ballardw

ballardw
Super User

Looks like time for a re-install. And you may want to watch other 'options' to make sure everything you expect is installed.

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
(even if it feels more like 40 yrs old than "new in 1997"), there are some good features lost without the old editor but even more to welcome in the enhanced editor.
When you "re-install" SAS make sure to execute as "administrator"
carbesta
Calcite | Level 5

I re-installed SAS and its now running using the enhanced editor.Smiley Happysmileyhappy:

thanks for your help 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation