BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NickyD
Calcite | Level 5

Is there an equivalent of Proc PLM or Proc Score that can be used with Proc NLMixed? I want to save the parameters from Proc NLMixed and use them at a later date without rerunning NLMixed.

Thanks

Nicky

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I think the closest you could come is to append the additional observations with the dependent variable set to missing, and then use the PREDICT statement.  I think the problem that will arise has to do with subjects not being in both datasets, and consequently a lack of EBE's for the variance for the new subjects.

Given that, probably the best "predictor" would be the marginal estimate obtained by plugging in the fixed effect estimators.  This assumes that the random effects are normal[0,sigma2], and so would not change the point estimate.  Interval estimates, well, I am stumped as I don't see how to include the random effect variance for the additional subjects.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation