proc mixed LSmeans default pairwise comparison adjustment

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

proc mixed LSmeans default pairwise comparison adjustment

To whom it may concern:

I was reading the proc mixed documentation, the "lsmeans" statement and I ran into the following details under the "adjust" section:

"By default, PROC MIXED adjusts all pairwise differences...."

but I wasn't able to find the name of the specific default method used. Does anyone know what that method would be and where I could find more information about it?

The way I understand it, if I do not specify the "adjust=(something)" option then there is still a default adjustment used by the procedure when you request the differences of LSmeans.

The following is the documentation website where I found the above info:

SAS/STAT(R) 9.2 User's Guide, Second Editio_

Thanks for your help,

jerrybreak

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-18-2013 07:37 AM
Respected Advisor

Re: proc mixed LSmeans default pairwise comparison adjustment

Posted in reply to jerrybreak

I think what that is saying is that when (and only when) an adjustment is applied, it is applied to all pair-wise comparisons (except in the case of ADJUST=DUNNETT).  So if you had four levels of a variable, and you did all pairwise comparisons, you would have six comparisons that enter into the adjustment phase.  If you were only interested in three of the comparisons pre hoc, and wanted an adjustment, you would have to use the LSMESTIMATE statement.

No "standard" adjustment is applied.

Steve Denham

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎07-18-2013 07:37 AM
Respected Advisor

Posted in reply to jerrybreak

I think what that is saying is that when (and only when) an adjustment is applied, it is applied to all pair-wise comparisons (except in the case of ADJUST=DUNNETT).  So if you had four levels of a variable, and you did all pairwise comparisons, you would have six comparisons that enter into the adjustment phase.  If you were only interested in three of the comparisons pre hoc, and wanted an adjustment, you would have to use the LSMESTIMATE statement.

No "standard" adjustment is applied.

Steve Denham

New Contributor

Posted in reply to SteveDenham

Thanks for the clarification Steve.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation