proc import/export questions

Accepted Solution Solved
Super Contributor
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

proc import/export questions

hi all,

1.when using proc import is there a way i can import obs lets say starting from 4th records on?

2.when importing excel file into SAS some of the values change.For example excel  value of 0.45 into SAS becomes 0.4444987 and 0.45 does have the  right format on excel (format cell).

How can i control those changes in SAS? After going to column attributes and changing the format to match with what i have in excel and saving the dataset it does not actually save.

3. when exporting sas set into excel ,is there a  way i can have  the label names instead of the variable names in the column header of the excel file?

Would appreciate any hints guys Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Tal

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-25-2014 06:38 PM
PROC Star

Re: proc import/export questions

Most of your questions can be answered "yes" by using the various dbdsopts.  Take a look at:

SAS/ACCESS(R) 9.2 Interface to PC Files: Reference, Second Edition

As for your 2nd question, though, that is likely the real value that exists in the excel file.  As for your own code, you would have to show the code you tried.  It might simply be a matter of moving the format earlier in your code.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎01-25-2014 06:38 PM
PROC Star

Most of your questions can be answered "yes" by using the various dbdsopts.  Take a look at:

SAS/ACCESS(R) 9.2 Interface to PC Files: Reference, Second Edition

As for your 2nd question, though, that is likely the real value that exists in the excel file.  As for your own code, you would have to show the code you tried.  It might simply be a matter of moving the format earlier in your code.

Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Thank you sir!

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation