BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SA159
Calcite | Level 5

Hello

I have a problem importing a very big XML file on 3gb.

I tried to do it with xml mapper but the file is way to big. 

Anyone got a solution to how i can import the whole file without splitting it up ?

Thank in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Sometimes you can build the map on a smaller version of the XML file and then use the generated MAP on the big file by running the code outside of the XML Mapper.

cynthia
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

You don't need to use the XML mapper if you know the XML schema and know how you want to import the data.  You can use XSL to create your own map without opening the XML file at all.

Is this a complicated (many fields) XML file, or is it many rows but just a few fields?  Or, more importantly, just a few fields you want?  If you put more detail (such as an example of the XML file, one "row" or two "rows" worth) you can get a better answer here.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation