prevalance data in SAS

Occasional Contributor

prevalance data in SAS

Hello all ,

if someone can help me , I am going to use PROC MI for my SAS procedures , and I need to analyse the prevalence (proportion, frequence) and descriptive stat such as mean , minimum .... , so my question is with PROC MI , can I combine also PROC FREQ ? I have read the SAS documents but it's so long that's why i wish to have your idea from this ,Thx

Super User

Re: prevalance data in SAS

What do you mean by "combine also Proc Freq"?

You can create output data sets from two or more procedures and assuming you have the correct variables in each to match you can combine data into combined result datasets.

Using ODS you can create documents with the procedure output tables from multiple procedures in one file such as:

ODS RTF file="C:\My Report Folder destination\combined report.rtf";

Proc MI code here

Proc Freq code here

Proc Means code heare

ODS RTF Close;

Occasional Contributor

Thank u so much , it can help me , you understand my question I want to know if I can use proc freq with proc MI . It´s first time for me using proc MI ,

Super User
Super User

What is it that you want PROC MI to do for you?  From the man page:  The MI procedure performs multiple imputation of missing data.

So if you have a dataset where some of the values are missing values then MI could impute non-missing values.

What is it that you want PROC FREQ to do for you?  It will count the number of times a particular value appears. If you having missing values you can just use the MISSING of MISSPRINT option on the TABLES statement to have it either treat the missing values as just another possible value or have them show in the output without counting in the totals and percents.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Tom for this explanation ,

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation