BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jagadeesh
Calcite | Level 5

We are not able see the pre assigned libraries  in EG. we recently migrated to SAS 94. it seems workspace start up scripts are not loading pre assigned libraries during session initialization. validated all the Configuration files , but not getting any clue on issues. Can you some one please help me on it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
15 REPLIES 15
SASKiwi
PROC Star

There are a variety of reasons that could cause this.

How do you pre-assign your libraries? Was it in SMC (Management Console) Data Manager? If so, please confirm that you migrated your SAS metadata from your previous SAS version including your data libraries.

jagadeesh
Calcite | Level 5

i am using SMC Data manger - Library- properties - options - pre-assigned -  Type ( By Native library  Engine ) . Yes we migrated SAS metadata and all other Components to new version

SASKiwi
PROC Star

OK. What I would try next then is construct a LIBNAME statement that is exactly the same as one of your pre-assigned libraries and submit that in EG. Does it work OK?

jagadeesh
Calcite | Level 5

Yes I am able to run LIBNAME  statements which are Generated from SMC . I would like to call out one more issues here is when i trying to see libname statement for  pre-assigned Lib  in SMC , it is giving error stating that " The "XXXXX" library was pre assigned so no LIBNAME Statement is generated "

SASKiwi
PROC Star

That is a "normal" response - it is a SAS limitation. You can turn off the pre-assigment temporarily so you can see the LIBNAME, which you can then copy to EG for testing.

Another reason why pre-assigned libraries might not work is to do with metadata permissions. Check to see whether the metadata folder(s) where your data libraries are stored are accessible by your users.

jagadeesh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

yes I validated metadata permissions for both Physical  locations of Libraries and Libraries. users have required level of access on those. 

gergely_batho
SAS Employee

Do an Object Spawner refresh.

Also check that libraries are assigned to the right application server  (Assign tab in MC)

jagadeesh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Gergely,

yes I did Object Spawner refresh but that  didn't work.  and yes I assigned libraries to right application server  SASApp.

Thanks !

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you create a new data library as a test does that work?

jagadeesh
Calcite | Level 5

Yes. we are seeing the same issue for new data Libraries which are created in new environment.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Check the servers are allowed to support to do metadata pre defined

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Data Administration Guide, Third Edition Understanding Pre-Assigned Libraries

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Data Administration Guide, Third Edition Pre-assigning a Library. 

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Application Server Administration Guide There are parameter that prevent metadata pre assigned libraries. Are these set correct?

In the last one there is a disadvantage mentioned as multiple locations.

This disadvantage can be also an advantage when the physical (external) and logical definitions are needed to be segregated (a real possible requirement). 

An other advantage is that is more easy to debug in case of issues.

Choosing the best method:

Pre-assign SAS libraries? If so, which method? - SAS Users

---->-- ja karman --<-----
jagadeesh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jaap,

Thanks for  detailed information ,those Notes are replied helped me to understand more on Pre -assigned libraries.

I am using  "By native library engine" option while  updating libraries as pre -assigned one. To load these  I updated  metaautoresources option to my sasv9.cfg file. And i am calling it from Autoexec.sas file.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

jagadeesh, The mentioned steps are clear as is the figure of G.Nelson.

However I cannot get clear where your assignments are done. 

- If the libname is in the autoexec you can very all that by using X11 and X-server starting the WS-script manullay. 

When the libname are not visible in Eguide after that than there is an option active that disables libraries not being registered in metadata

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Desktop Application Administration Guide, Fourth Edition

- When the autoexec is left untouched those libnames are generated  at start of the process by interacting to the metadataserver.

In this case validation of all  settings in the metadata is possible but never the whole process a total. Using Eguide is the only option and all could be influence by metadatasecurity settings. They can be surprising as the user iniitating the sas process and the user running the sas (shared account SP Pooled ws) could both need those. Shared accounts are to be avoided as much as possible oe being very well reviewed on their aspects. 

---->-- ja karman --<-----
jagadeesh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jaap,

we are able resolve the issues.  Due to enormous features of SAS 94 we were not able figured out default parameter of SASApp- Logical Workspace server called Object server parameter was  set to "nopreassigned".  After we remove this to make the Changes effective we did restart of both Metadata and Object Spawner servers and that resolves the issues . 

Thank you all for your timely response and Help Smiley Happy

Thank you !

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation