npar1way DSCF error

Occasional Contributor

npar1way DSCF error

Hi,

I am running the following code is SAS 9.3:

proc npar1way data=set1 dscf wilcoxon;

class trial; var velocity;

run;

I am attempting to get Wilcoxon ranks for multiple comparisons based on the 'trial' variable. Trial has five levels. I am getting an error that SAS does not recognize the dscf option.

Syntax error, expecting one of the following: ;, AB, ALPHA, ANOVA, .......

I know that the dscf option wasn't introduced until 9.3, but I am using 9.3. Any ideas? I have also tried with adding in the 'exact wilcoxon' option.

Thanks

Grand Advisor

Re: npar1way DSCF error

I don't see that option listed in the docs...

were you looking for exact wilcoxon instead?

proc npar1way data=set1;

exact wilcoxon;

run;

Occasional Contributor

Here is the documentation:

SAS/STAT(R) 12.1 User's Guide

Running the code:

proc npar1way data=set1;

exact wilcoxon;

run;

would give me a Kruskal-Wallis test to test the null hypothesis that v1=v2=v3=v4=v5, where vi is the mean of the ith trial. Instead, I want to test each pair of means for a difference using Wilcoxon rank scores. That is, the null hypotheses are v1=v2, v1=v3, v1=v4, etc. I know that are a lot of other ways of doing this but I am only interested in using the Wilcoxon ranks. Of course I could split the data up into 10 different sets with data from two different trials in each, and then apply the above code, but that would be time consuming (with that said I probably would have finished this hours ago if I had done it that way instead of spending all this time trying to figure the "easy" way of going about it).

Grand Advisor

You're correct, its also in SAS/STAT 13.2 version. 

When you start up SAS and it provides the version number what version of SAS/STAT does it mention?

Occasional Contributor

When I start up SAS it mentions 9.3

Grand Advisor

But no STAT version? I think you may just be a version or so behind. i.e. SAS 9.3 TS2M3 is the one that has SAS/STAT 12.1 etc...it usually will say in the log what version of SAS/STAT you have.

Or I'm totally off base...I'd do it the long way and contact tech support.

Grand Advisor

To see your version of SAS/STAT:

proc product_status;run;

Occasional Contributor

Aha! I was able to try running it on a different computer that had SAS 9.4 installed and it worked. The start-up message on the first computer was SAS/STAT 9.3_M1.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your help Reeza!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation