memsize and sortsize in sasv9_local.cfg

Occasional Contributor LYT
Occasional Contributor

memsize and sortsize in sasv9_local.cfg

Added the following two lines in sasv9_local.cfg, but it is not picked up by the sas session. proc option reports that only the sasv9.cfg is being used. How do I make sasv9_local.cfg being picked up? Didn't reboot the server.

-memsize 2G

-sortsize 512m

Thanks!

Trusted Advisor

Re: memsize and sortsize in sasv9_local.cfg

I'm not sure what OS you are using or how the following information may differ between them, but the following is accurate at least for UNIX systems:

Where is your sasv9_local.cfg file located, it should be in the !SAS_ROOT folder.

Do you have other config files (sasv9.cfg) in your home folder?  Does it define a value for the options in question?

What directory are you starting SAS from, is there a sasv9.cfg file in that folder?  Does it define a value for the options in question?

Are you starting SAS from it's provided executable or through a different shell script?  Does your script define a specific config file to use in is command to start SAS?

Occasional Contributor

it runs on Linux box, The sasv9_local.cfg is under /app/sas/92/SASFoundation/9.2/. There is a sasv9.cfg file under the same directory with memsize and sortsize defined which is being picked up by the sessions. I want to increase the value of these two.

I tried both EG and starting sas from the server by invloking sas as follows:

/apps/sas/92/SASFoundation/9.2/sasexe/sas -nodms.

Also tried use -config sasv9_local.cfg and got unhandled exception.

Thanks so much for the quick response!

Trusted Advisor

Your SAS install does not use default paths so I cannot tell you where to go, however, EG does not use the config files in the base directory.  You can modify the startup options by locating the config files for the specific server you are connecting to through EG or through the management console.

Did you check your home folder on the linux server?

Occasional Contributor

i login in as sas to Linux box. There is no config file in sas home directory.

How can I configure EG to use a different config file?

Is it wise to just make the change in sasv9.cfg file directly?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation