BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
anirudhs
Obsidian | Level 7
hi one of my senior had designed a code and in every program of eg he has passed %let dd=10.
ie.is first two digits of todays date. as we have to open each and every program change the digit to todays date manually and run,
so in need help for code to pass the todays dates first two digits automatically.
And i dont want to open every program and dont have to pass it manually.
please help

eg. if todays date is 10th nov 2017 so i have to manually enter it as %let dd=10 and this into every program.
so how can i automate it where i can check fo todays date and pass only two digits of system date.

thankyou
3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Global macro variables work throughout a session. If you declare it once, you don't need to keep redeclaring it.

It helps to have it at the top of the program because it allows you to manually test things, but it's not necessary. 

%let dd =  %sysfunc(day(%sysfunc(today())), z2.);

%put DD = ⅆ
anirudhs
Obsidian | Level 7
y have to use %put DD = &dd referencing and where.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Reeza inserted the %put just so you can see in the log which value was derived from the initial %let, and that it works as expected. That way values are also kept in the log for future reference. Aside from showing values in the log, the %put does nothing.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation