BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasuser1000
Calcite | Level 5

I am using a logistic regression and my biggest problem is the very low correlations between the dependent and independents. The highest correlation with the dependent variable is a spend variable with a boxcox transformation and yield only a correlation of 0.2.

The results of my model are not very impressive and this, I beleive, it is related to the fact that all of the variables have a correlation lower or equal to 0.2 with the dependent,

the area under the curve is 0.684 and the classification table is below. on final note, I did try different transformations on all independents and interactions as well.

Did someone had a similar experience?

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I can't recall if this ever happened to me, but low correlations usually mean poor model fit

--
Paige Miller
sasuser1000
Calcite | Level 5

After my posting, I have added a new variable from the database to my list of predictors and the distribution was bimodal which led me to think that my sample is including two different kind of population, i have corrected this and correlations are now fine

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

This is a super good example of how important data visualization is to good analysis.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation