BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jzhang332002
Fluorite | Level 6

I know proc genmod can do logisitc regression to model discrete response (0 or 1). However, what I have now is a continuous binomial distributed response (anywhere between [0,1] but the distribution is binomial with probability p). Is there a way for me to use proc genmod to do logisitic regression on it? thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

There is no such thing as a continuous binomial distribution. The binomial distribution is discrete. Maybe your data follows a logistic distribution? Or maybe what you want is to fit a (non-linear) logistic function to your data?

Is there an independent variable involved?

PG

PG
jzhang332002
Fluorite | Level 6

Yeah. I should say I know the binomial distribution's probability p (which is a continuous ratio) and its total count. For example, I have 100 obs with prob 0.1, 200 obs with prob 0.2, 300 obs with prob 0.3, .... Each obs has some independent variables which can be class or numeric variables. How can I use proc genmod to do a logistic regression on it? Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation