BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Steelers_In_DC
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

I have two files that I'm pulling into sas, the variables are the same but the formats and lengths are different.  I made a few changes to the code to lengthen the formats of any variable that was being truncated and changed one numeric character to variable.  Now when I run the code it looks like everything is loaded correctly if I look at the log, I can open the dataset within sas and use it as desired.  The issue is in the project tree there is a red x over the item as if it failed.  I have never seen this and don't understand why that x would show up without an error in the log.

Any insight will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

What tool are you using? Enterprise Guide?

From my experience with other systems with linkages between steps I have used in the past your issue sounds like it might be that your program is not producing the result that the project flow is expecting.  For example the project flow expects step A to produce dataset A but the SAS program actually produces B.  So the SAS log for creating B is fine with no errors, but the project flow is broken because A did NOT get created.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

What tool are you using? Enterprise Guide?

From my experience with other systems with linkages between steps I have used in the past your issue sounds like it might be that your program is not producing the result that the project flow is expecting.  For example the project flow expects step A to produce dataset A but the SAS program actually produces B.  So the SAS log for creating B is fine with no errors, but the project flow is broken because A did NOT get created.

Steelers_In_DC
Barite | Level 11

I am using Enterprise Guide, the changes I made were minimal and I didn't expect them to change anything that I didn't intend.  After a few preliminary checks it looks like the data is complete.  I'll be going through many additional checks through the next few days to confirm.

Thank you for your feedback, that is very helpful.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation