BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Lulus
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All, Since there is a problem I would like to solve with a sas function.  However, there is a default setting I would like to change it.

(for example, you can display the original function algorithm of a r function and you can modify it after all.....something like that~)

it will be appreciated that if you can help me to locate a file or document which teaches how to re-define a sas function.

thank you all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

You cannot "rewrite" a SAS function, or alter its inner workings. SAS functions are documented for how they work and any bugs or enhancements go through R&D for changes. However, you can use PROC FCMP to define your own function. Generally, in order to define your own function, I recommend that you have working code that produces what you want. I'd suggest that you open a track with Tech Support for more help with what you want to do. You do not describe the function, nor how you want to change it. Frequently, if what you want to do is a common change, a function will have an alternate invocation or option.

To open a track with Tech Support, fill out the form at this link:

http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

You cannot "rewrite" a SAS function, or alter its inner workings. SAS functions are documented for how they work and any bugs or enhancements go through R&D for changes. However, you can use PROC FCMP to define your own function. Generally, in order to define your own function, I recommend that you have working code that produces what you want. I'd suggest that you open a track with Tech Support for more help with what you want to do. You do not describe the function, nor how you want to change it. Frequently, if what you want to do is a common change, a function will have an alternate invocation or option.

To open a track with Tech Support, fill out the form at this link:

http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia

Lulus
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks a lot!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation